by Bill McBride on 9/14/2017 09:07:00 PM
From housing economist Tom Lawler:
Hurricane Harvey Hit Houston in the latter part of August, but that was enough to have a significant impact on home sales stats in the metro region. According to the Houston Association of Realtors, single family home sales by realtors this August were down 25.4% from last August (to 5,917 from 7,927), while condo/townhome sales were down 31.4% from a year ago to 443. September sales should be impacted even more.
• At 8:30 AM ET, Retail sales for August be released. The consensus is for a 0.1% increase in retail sales.
• Also at 8:30 AM, The New York Fed Empire State manufacturing survey for September. The consensus is for a reading of 19.0, down from 25.2.
• At 9:15 AM, The Fed will release Industrial Production and Capacity Utilization for August. The consensus is for a 0.1% increase in Industrial Production, and for Capacity Utilization to increase to 76.8%.
• At 10:00 AM, Manufacturing and Trade: Inventories and Sales (business inventories) report for July. The consensus is for a 0.2% increase in inventories.
• Also at 10:00 AM, University of Michigan’s Consumer sentiment index (preliminary for September). The consensus is for a reading of 96.0, down from 96.8 in August.
• Also at 10:00 AM, Regional and State Employment and Unemployment (Monthly) for August 2017